Parent Newsletter 11/05/2018Published by sarah.blackhurst on Sun, 11/04/2018 - 19:05
We hope your Halloween week was an amazing one! Everyone’s costumes looked fantastic and our hallways were PACKED to the brim with students and parents, what CHAOTIC fun it is to be a grizzly.
In looking at our upcoming weeks we have many calendaring items for you to look ahead at. Please note the following events and plan to attend where you can support Mt. Loafer Elementary.
- Nov 5- Colin Karchner Parent Night @ SHS (http://mtloafer.nebo.edu/node/884)
- Nov 6- Election Day. Nebo School District Bond Information Here: (http://www.nebo.edu/bond2018)
- Nov 9- Veteran’s Day Assembly
- Nov 15- Picture Re-Take Day
- Nov 20- 3rdGrade Grandparent’s Day Program
- Nov 21-23- Thanksgiving Break – No School
- Nov 26-30- Book Fair
- Nov 28- Parents & Pastries 8:00am
- Dec 4- NetSmartz Assemblies- student internet safety education provided by the State Office of Education 1:30pm K-2 2:15pm 3-6
- Dec 5- 5thGrade Disney Day
- Dec 7- Student Recognition Assembly 9:30am
- Dec 7- 5thGrade Wax Museum
Please note as the weather changes and is often unpredictable we will constantly be checking air quality through purpleair.com. We will also check the temperatures and follow the district recess guidelines on allowing children outside. The following letter will explain in more detail what these guidelines and action items look like:
- We recommend that students arrive at school no earlier than 8:00 for supervision purposes. The building will be open for students to wait for the start of class in a warm gym or commons area.
- Children should arrive at school dressed for the weather of the day so they can safely and comfortably enjoy recesses. In winter months, children should remember to bring shoes to change into from their snow boots. All healthy children will be expected to go out for recess except in extreme weather conditions (wind chill, rain, snow, etc.).
- If your child cannot participate in recess for health reasons, please send a note to this effect. If it is to be a prolonged indoor stay (longer than 3 days) please send a note from the doctor.
- Students will remain inside in extreme weather conditions such as: very cold temperatures (below 20 degrees) and wind chill, heavy rain and snowfall, unhealthy air/inversions (we check air quality daily).
- Please be considerate and safety conscious as you drop off and pick up students at school. The winter months see an increase in the number of cars. Remember to: not block the flow of traffic (inside lanes are for waiting/sitting; outside lanes for quick stops and pull through), not block cross walk area, use parking stalls not pull through lanes if you need to enter the building.
- In the event of a major weather event (severe storm, power outage…) The District’s ParentLink system will be used to notify parents this can be in the form of an automated phone call, text, or email. For this information to reach you it is important that you keep your contact information current within the online SIS system. Information will also be posted and updated on the district web page www.nebo.edu. If we need to evacuate the school we would go to the Salem Stake Center on 300 W. All teachers and staff members will remain at school to care for the students. Unless otherwise notified, we will release students only to responsible adults or family members.
Online Calendar: We will do our best to keep the online school calendar updated as well as send out announcements through our weekly parent newsletter this year. You can find the calendar under Upcoming Events located on the school webpage. http://mtloafer.nebo.edu
Have you checked out our facebook and instagram? Follow us @mtloafergrizzlies or search #mtloafergrizzlies on your IG to see the day to day happenings at our school!