Parent Newsletter 2/19/19
*Thank you for the awesome support of our Friendship Week! We were able to deliver many Valentine’s out in the community (check our website for the story!) and hopefully help our seniors in the community feel love and support! On Friday, we were able to donate 500 lunches to preschool and school-aged homeless and disadvantaged children in the Salt Lake Valley! A very special shout out to Claire Gray for her help and generosity in seeing a need and working to make it happen! We are working on a food-drive to help local students in the Nebo School District be able to take food home for the weekends when they do not have access to school lunch or breakfast. Please be on the look-out for this drive in the near future!
*Parents, we are having a few issues school-wide on compliance and respect for adults and their request for students to do what is asked. Understanding many factors can play in to this type of behavior I would like to kindly ask for your support in reminding your students that they are loved and supported at school and we want them to succeed. Part of their success is their willingness to try, to work hard and to respect and honor adult authority by respectfully complying with what is being asked of them! We LOVE our 770 students and want them to have a great experience at school, thank you for being part of a team who supports our Grizzlies!
* Parent Teacher Conferences will be March 7th. Please plan to attend this last conference of the school year with your child. Teachers will begin scheduling these conferences soon and we look forward to celebrating the progress our Grizzlies have made through the year as we give one last push through our fourth quarter of the year for academic success!
- Feb 20 Superintendent/SCC mtg. at ALC 4:00-5:00pm
- Feb 26 Character Education Assembly with Steve James
- Feb 27 Utah Operal Assembly
- Feb 27 6th grade students @ SaJHS for Registration Assembly
- Feb 28 Spring Picture Day
- March 1 Student Recognition Assembly 9:30am
Online Calendar: We will do our best to keep the online school calendar updated as well as send out announcements through our weekly parent newsletter this year. You can find the calendar under Upcoming Events located on the school webpage. http://mtloafer.nebo.edu
Have you checked out our facebook and instagram? Follow us @mtloafergrizzlies or search #mtloafergrizzlies on your IG to see the day to day happenings at our school!